Making music nowadays is easy with Audacity for Windows. With this free audio recording and editing tool, you can produce a sound with customized effects. As one of the best audio tools you can get, Audacity software is an open-source platform that runs on different operating systems. You can download it and install it on your computer for free. Having Audacity download for Windows 10 will let you create your music and make it sound like one done by a professional.
Audacity is an open-source software application that runs in different Windows versions, not just in Windows 10. You can also get Audacity for Mac Os and Audacity for Linux just if you are using different platforms. So, you can create good sound and music on your computer using this free audio recorder. You may check the Audacity review to learn about this software. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get right into it.
Download Audacity for Windows 10
|Requirement||Windows 7 and Up|
How to Download Audacity for Windows 10
Here are quick steps to download Audacity.
- Go to Audacity website.
Go to Audacity’s official website or click the download button above. This button will easily lead you to the download page.
- Download application
Choose the platform you are using and click the Audacity 2.3.0 installer (latest version of Audacity). It will automatically download the application on your computer.
- Run installer
After downloading the application, a pop-up will appear that tells you to choose where to save the program; you can also add a desktop shortcut if you want. You may also check out Audacity for Chromebook for additional information.
- Launch program
Open the download page and run the program. If it is your first time using this application, please read the article on How to Use Audacity.
List of Features of Audacity for Windows 10
Here are a few of the advanced features of this sophisticated software application.
1. Pre-configured Themes. The theme is an essential aspect of Audacity because it gives the user a nice look at its interface. You can change Audacity’s theme to different modes like Classic, Light, Dark and High Contrast. You can also customize it according to your preference, but you need to have a specific programming tool to do it.
2. Live Recording. Audacity records sound from a microphone and can even capture sounds from the computer. This can be an excellent tool for those who want to extract audio to video files that play as a background.
3. Editing. You can never experience how great this tool is if you haven’t tried to edit an audio file into it. Audacity comes with basic plus powerful editing tools that allow you to create your own sound. You can cut and trim a particular part of your project, copy and paste, or you can duplicate your track.
4. Importing and Exporting Files. Audacity allows you to import an audio file from your computer and export it back at the same time. It supports different audio formats, including but not limited to WAV, MP3, and AIFF. When exporting a file, get a LAME encoder that encodes and converts your Audacity file to MP3.
5. Plugins. Audacity supports hundreds of plugins that are built-in with the application to add effects and enhance your sound. This application also allows you to download, add or remove, and enable or disable the plugins that you want to use for your project.
Audacity is an open-source audio recording and editing software program; You can produce music with customized effects using this tool.
1. Go to your desktop and right-click on the sound or Volume icon. A dialogue box for sound devices will pop up.
2. Choose Playback devices and find your default playback device with a tiny green circle with a checkmark.
3. Open Audacity and click Edit Menu. Select Preferences or press Ctrl+p. From the left menu, choose Devices and select Windows WASAPI from the drop-down menu. For Playback, select your default device that has been enabled in your audio device settings. For Recording, you must also select the default playback tool and leave the channel set for 2 Channels. Click OK.
There is an easy way to do this. You can see the device bar that contains the selection of your audio host and recording device. Click the enabled default playback of your computer.
4. You may start recording audio from your computer by clicking the Record button at the upper part of Audacity’s interface. You can pause or stop your recording by choosing the transport toolbar’s specific buttons for these commands. To understand this toolbar’s function, you can check the article on How to use Audacity.
Before saving or exporting an MP3 file, download the LAME MP3 encoder. It is third-party software that inputs the Audacity project to MP3. Once you have downloaded and installed LAME, you can save the project to MP3.
1. Click the File > Export > Export as an MP3 command. The alert box for saving will appear on your screen.
2. Name your audio file.
3. Select a location on your computer where you want to save the MP3 file. Select the “MP3 Files” in the Save Type As bar.
4. Choose Save.
It would help if you got GSnap first.
1. On your browser, go to Google and find GVST – GSnap. When opening the website, you can see the information about GVST.
2. Proceed to Downloads; it is located on the upper part of the webpage. Click on it, and it will redirect you to the Download page.
3. Once it opens, you will see lots of plugins for effects. Find the GSnap, the plugin for autotune. Go ahead and click that, the download page opens.
4. There are two options for this plugin, the 32- and 64- bit. The download is compatible with your device. You can also use the download button below. Note that this is for Windows only. There is a different link for Mac OS and Linux. Wait shortly to complete the download.
5. Open the download folder from the computer and look got the GSnap. Then, extract all the files.
6. Look for the .dll file, and paste it to the plugin directory for Audacity. Just go to Program Files and find the folder for Audacity. Go to the sub-folder for plugins and paste the copied file. The plugin will be added to your effects.
Use the Auto-tune Effect
7. Open your Audacity and record your sound or import prerecorded audio to autotune. Select the part of the audio you want to correct; click the Effect Menu. Look for the GVST GSnap plugin, and commands for adjustment will appear.
8. Configure the settings and turn audio into a nice vocal presentation. You can rearrange or fix vocal presentation into a better sound that you want.
1. Get Audacity. You may also download Soundflower to enable moving the sound from other applications and not just from the default speaker.
2. Go to the Apple menu and choose Open System Preferences. Choose sounds and go to the Output tab, and set Soundflower.
3. Configure your device preferences. On the device toolbar of Audacity’s interface, select the default playback of your computer plus the audio host and recording device and set the 2 (stereo) channel.
4. Start recording audio from your computer or sites like YouTube. For sue, you’d be a star with this user-friendly software.
So, what can you say with this audio recorder and editor? It is great. There are more things you can do with Audacity.