How can you get Audacity for Linux? Audacity software is an audio platform that runs on Linux and other operating systems. It is an open-source software which made available to users for free. It is the best tool for recording audios and edit them at the same time.
What makes Audacity a great tool? Well, Audacity supports many plugins which can add to the functionalities. You can record or edit multi-tracks, add effects on them, convert your audio to different formats and even capture sounds from your computer. Here’s how you can get Audacity for Linux operating system.
The first thing you have to do is to get Audacity and install it in your Linux device. With Linux, you have to use the package managers that are provided by many Linux distributions. Or, you can get source code from Audacity’s official website and build the application. Audacity runs best in a minimum of 1 GB RAM and 2 GHz processor speed. Audacity for Windows and Audacity for Mac OS can be downloaded directly from the website.
To check if you are using the latest version, go to the help menu and click Check for Updates. This will take you to the download page so you can make a comparison of your version and the latest release.
Download Audacity for Linux
|File Version||Audacity 2.3.2|
|System Requirement||Ubuntu 18.04|
Features and Uses of Audacity for Linux
Audacity is a famous software for recording and editing audio. No matter how many tracks you are going to produce, you can always rely on this application. You can check the guides on how to use Audacity for a complete view of this application. Some features of Audacity are:
- Audacity records computer audio and sounds from the microphone.
- It comes with basic editing tools to cut/trim, duplicate and mix your tracks.
- It can convert records into digital files like a CD.
- Supports different file formats such as MP3 and WAV.
- You can import an audio file to edit and export them back to your device.
- Audacity supports many plugins that you can use to enhance your project.
- Many effects can be applied in your recordings to create the best output.
No doubt, Audacity is a great tool for your audio recordings. Though it is hard to install on your Linux device compare to other operating systems, it has provided you tools on how you can still enjoy it.