Do you want to have Audacity for Chromebook? Then, this article is for you. I will show you how you can get Audacity for your Chrome OS device. Audacity became popular in the multimedia industry and known to be the best audio recording software. Why? Maybe because it is free and made available for the users.
One of the characteristics of Audacity audio recorder that people appreciate is that it runs on almost all operating systems. Whether in a Windows OS device, Mac OS device, and even Linux-based device, you can get Audacity. There’s no limit on how it will work on your particular platform. But have you noticed that I did not mention the Chrome Os? If you are using a Chrome OS device, keep on reading. I know it sounds great to have Audacity for Chromebook, so here it is.
What really makes Audacity that great? Well, first on the list is the fact that you can get it for free. Many audio recording software comes at a high price. You need to buy them or use the free version for 7 to 14 days. But that is not the case with Audacity. When you download this program, you can use it without limitations. Plus, the plugins that can add life to your recordings are also free.
Here’s the sad thing, you can never have this software if your device runs a Chrome OS. There only a little possibility of getting Audacity for Chromebook. And, you have to go through a complex process of installing it in your device. Why?
Two Main Reasons Why Audacity is not for Chromebook
1. The Chromebook is designed for cloud-based applications. This means the applications you can get for this device only rely on remote servers and only accessible from your web browsers. It needs a continuous internet connection to use a particular application. While Audacity is open-source software that is made available to users by downloading the application and installing it on your computer, you can use it without an internet connection.
2. The Chromebook has small internal disk space. Audacity requires a lot of space in your device because it comes with high-quality audio data. Like what is stated earlier, there is still a little possibility of getting Audacity for Chromebook. It is a complex process because you need to port your device to WxWidgets. It is a library that allows developers to create applications that will run on different platforms. Audacity will also require you to port some libraries that have to be built-in with the application.
Now that you understand these reasons, you don’t need to be that sad. There are other options you can do to have an audio recording tool for your Chromebook. It may not function like Audacity but it will allow you to produce high-quality sounds and edit those sounds at the same time. This option is to get alternatives to Audacity for Chromebook.
Free Audio Recording Tools for Chromebook
While many software requires you to download and install in your device, cloud-based applications only need an internet connection to be accessible. Here are some of the free audio recording and editing tools you can get for your Chrome OS device.
Audiotool is a cloud-based application program that lets you create your music online. It has its publishing platform which allows the user to share their work with others. It comes with synthesizers, effects, and samples to create a great sound. With this application, you are not restricted to use different effects and you can make your audio according to your preference.
Another audio editing tool that can be an alternative to Audacity for Chromebook is the TwistedWave. This can also be accessed through your web browser. This application is made for audio editing purposes. To edit your audio, you have to import your audio files from your computer or Google drive to Twistedwave. You can then apply effects, personalize your work and then export or save your file with different audio formats.
3. AUDIO CONVERTER
Audio Converter is a free online application that functions as a converter. This also does not require you to download and install it on your computer. From the name itself, its main feature is to convert an audio file into different formats. It also allows you to extract audio to a video file with advance settings and customization.
Where To Find These Audio Recording and Editing Tools
Getting these alternatives to Audacity for Chromebook is very easy. Just follow these steps.
2. Once you get into the store, type in the search bar the application you want to get for your Chromebook (e.g. Twistedwave). It will display the application that associates with that name or the specific application will appear on the selection.
3. Click on the button that has “Add to Chrome” text in it. Doing so will start the download process of the app.
4. A dialog box will appear. Just click on “Add extension” and the icon will appear on the right side of your browser’s search bar.
5. To use the program, click on the extension and it will redirect you to the page where you can import your file and do your work. You can see the extension on the right side of your browser’s address bar.
6. That’s it. You can proceed to create your music or enjoy toying with different sounds.
There are numbers of audio recording tools that may run in your Chromebook. Just like Audacity, it will not limit you to create a good music with high-quality sound and customized effects. You don’t have to download and install those applications. They are just right there in your browser. You can access them anytime as long as you have an internet connection.